Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

The last day

Go down

The last day

Post  Maddox on 2011-01-30, 22:23

I am sad to say the last day has come and gone, what am I going to do now? I headed into Delaware for the last day to join up with the boys as I have for the last few years. This is a tradition spanning many many years and they have been nice enough to let me tag along for the last 3. This day is special as we head down to their double blind setup packing a camp stove, eggs and fresh marinated venison for some "backwoods" breakfast at the blind. This morning started out with me, BS and Jason setting up in the smaller blind back in the marsh with about a dozen decoys laid out. At first light the birds rolled into the marsh but there was so much water from the tide being in they weren't coming in shooting range. About 8:30 robo duck was set out and then the shooting began. We killed 4 ducks, 2 mallards and 2 black ducks. Feeling pretty good about the morning so far we decided it was time to head to the larger blind out on the river to meet up with the other guys and fire up breakfast. We hadn't heard much shooting out at the big blind but we were hopeful things would fire up when we got there and that they did. As we are climbing in the blind here comes 3 canadians decoying up perfectly, it was all I could do to get one shell in the gun and fire a miss before all 3 were flying away. I am not sure how they got out of there with that many pellets in the air! From there forward it was a little slow but breakfast and the company made the end of this hunt one to remember. I owe a special thanks to Gary, TC, Burt and Jason for another year of allowing this rookie to tag along. I look forward to next year!

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum