Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

BDB Staff Meeting

Go down

BDB Staff Meeting

Post  Maddox on 2010-12-28, 00:19

Today the plan was to have a combo hunt with some friends and family starting with geese in the morning and moving to doves in the late morning. With the snow blowing in the plans changed just a bit. Here at the house we had 35mph winds and a snow storm that dropped 4in overnight (light compared to some here on the east coast). Big J was in town for Christmas and we spotted 75-100 birds dropping into the field last night so I figured at least that was a good sign. It turns out the rest of our group bailed out on us so it would just be Big J and I setting up this morning. I decided the best course of action was to setup with the decoys close to the wood line where I had seen the geese the night before and we would actually just be inside the woods standing behind some trees. When we got to the spot it actually was pretty nice, the woods were causing a break in the wind, the snow had stopped and the sun was shining so things were really shaping up. After getting setup the first hour and half was pretty slow with no geese and maybe one dove flying around. Fortunately about 8:30 that all changed when the first 2 geese of the morning dropped right in the hole of the decoys and we stepped out shooting. To my amazement after 4 shots fired the geese were flying away honking as if to say "ha ha go F yourself"! I laughed this one off but the next flock was about the same (apparently for the next staff meeting we need to go to the range!). Finally a single rolled in and I stepped out making a good shot (it was about GD time!) Son of a gun it had jewelry! 2 trips with 2 banded birds in a row and this one I got to lay claim to. Finally we settled in shooting 3 more geese, a Maryland limit Laughing! I did try my hand with a couple doves only to completely realize if I can't hit geese consistently at 15yds hitting a small bird going mach 3 is extremely unlikely. In any event what a great day and as the title goes we chalked this whole thing up to a BDB staff meeting! I think I will talk with my boss about having this type of forum as it was a great stress reliever and I am sure I would perform better at work with this type of interaction (or some crap like that Very Happy)

Closing statement of the staff meeting!

My Bling!

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BDB Staff Meeting

Post  jcomer on 2010-12-28, 18:55

way to go with the bling and the MD limit cheers
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG J on 2010-12-28, 19:36

It definitely was a great end of the year staff meeting. Can't wait for the next one....

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jason on 2010-12-29, 10:43

Very nice, that looks goood with those calls.
jason

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox on 2010-12-30, 00:23

I feel like a true waterfowler Laughing(popped my cherry!), now if I could just learn to shoot straight. In case you all didn't know Jason is the owner of the first band I referenced as Molly his retriever made an incredible retrieve. Did you get the info on the band? This one was a Jersey bird and was banded in June (Didn't see that one coming!).

By the way is your profile picture Molly? That is an awesome picture!

Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jason on 2010-12-31, 22:38

Yes that is Molly in my backyard. I did find out that band was from Jersey also, I think 2009.
jason

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG J on 2011-01-01, 01:43

jason wrote:Yes that is Molly in my backyard. I did find out that band was from Jersey also, I think 2009.

Two jerseys? maybe its a sign....

BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox on 2011-01-01, 11:29

Cool! That is a sweet picture for sure!

Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox on 2011-01-16, 17:37

Here is the certificate I got from the band. Kind of cool!

Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down