Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Miller Brewery Tour

Go down

Miller Brewery Tour

Post  BIG J on 2012-09-09, 16:03

So living in Milwaukee has its ups and downs as every town does. But I do have to say that this town definitely has some good ups. Every corner you turn there is another brewery, cheese shop or brat store. For sure a test of one's self control. So as promised I wanted to give you all an inside look at the Miller Brewery. It might be the top tourist attraction in Milwaukee and it makes sense because the tour is free and you get to try 3 beers at the end. To start the day off I started at IrishFest which is one of the many here in Brew City over the summer. If you missed my write-up on the Jameson Irish Pancake Shot you will want to check that out for sure. After a few hours I decided to continue my exploration day and head for the Miller Brewery. I checked in for the tour and after spending a few minutes in the gift shop we were off on the tour. It started with a 12 minute video about the history of the brewery all the way back to 1855. I was less excited about the video but it meant i was one step closer to free samples. I mean isn't that why everyone goes? We walked all over the campus, in total its 82 acres of beer heaven. We walked through the filling plant which does bottles and cans. It was amazing to watch the cases of cans fly by the window. Here is a shot of the plant:

So onward we went to the warehouse where all of the cases are stored for shipping. This warehouse held half a million that's 500,000 cases and this inventory was shipped and replaced every 36 hours. So for those of you that are doing your part keep up the good work. Here is a shot of an aisle in the warehouse:

The next stop on the tour was the beer caves. This is the original, or at least they claim to be the original place where beer was stored. It was about 100 or so feet below the ground and it was definitely a place you could keep things in cold storage. Here is a shot of it:

And finally the last stop on the tour was the beer garden where I will say proudly I got myself to the front of the line and got my samples. The first sample was not our choice so we were given Miller 64. It was ok but very light. My second choice was Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. This was a very nice seasonal brew that you could drink on a hot summer day. To maximize the experience I got my beer and walked to the back of the beer line. I did have a few groups notice my pattern so I was a trend starter for sure. My last sample I got was Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss and this was as expected very fruity. Not my first choice but in a pinch it would get the job done. Kind of like that one mike's hard lemonade in the back of the fridge. You all know what I'm talking about. So if you all get a chance check out the many fine selections of beers from MillerCoors and keep on keeping on!

Hope you all enjoyed this installment of Brew City Weekly. Until next time, this is Big J signing off, keep your dinner plates full and the ketchup nearby.

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Miller Brewery Tour

Post  Maddox on 2012-09-10, 09:54

I am pretty sure this is the man's version of a "day at the spa"! Way to go Big J, you are doing BDB proud!

How do I get a beer garden?

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbagshaw on 2012-09-13, 08:10

Looks like fun!!! Lots to check out in Milwaukee :-)

dbagshaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down