Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Turkey Hunting Lesson #1

Go down

Turkey Hunting Lesson #1

Post  Maddox on 2011-04-01, 22:39

So as you all know I am totally lost now that hunting season is out and am just itching for something to do. I had the opportunity to get a little fishing in already (Thanks again Frenchy!) and now I am trying to figure out what is next. Here goes, the first weekend in May I have a trip planned to our family cabin for Turkey and Trout. I am actually taking the whole family on this one as well as Big J and our old man. This all being said I have no idea what the hell I am doing when chasing turkeys hence the reason this post is occurring. Just like any amatuer hunter I have purchased all necessary beginner kits from my Turkey vest (with a kick ass seat!) and my starter pack (wow I am greenhorn!) of turkey calls. I have been practicing up and not that I would know if it was bad but the calls sound decent. The last thing I need is the decoys and I have no idea where to start so I am reaching out to you all for some advice. I saw the 3 packs which is what I was thinking but then I realized this isn't goose hunting so the more decoys not necessarily the better, certainly not when the sound of a couple dying cats is coming off your box call (I am working on that!). Somebody tell me the setup I need and how to lay it out.

I am actually hoping that I will spend the first day calling for Big J to knock one down and then finish off the set on Day 2 with my bird. So please make it some good advice because how I will roll now doesn't equal the outcome previously mentioned.

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Turkey Hunting Lesson #1

Post  BIG J on 2011-04-02, 05:39

I will be ready to blast em... Can't wait just to be at camp....

REMEMBER: Please click "Register" and sign up so you can reply. It's free and their is no annoying marketing emails!
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jcomer on 2011-04-08, 18:27

Hey maddox i have a couple turkey decoys you can use this spring.no need to spend a bunch of money on stuff and just might not like turkey hunting.I can give them to michele or get them to ya some how,just let me know.
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox on 2011-04-09, 15:12

Hey jcomer - I appreciate the offer and will take you up on that! I am thinking maybe we can catch up when I am down that way for the Pheasant hunt on 4/30 if you around or if not we can coordinate with Michele. Could probably use a quick lesson in some good setups as well if you don't mind letting me in on your secrets Very Happy.

Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down